Last night on Jeopardy there was a category called What Women Want and it was as insulting as it was frustrating.
I could sit here and complain about why this sucks, but the women of the Internet have already spoken. They’ve appropriately flagged this as sexist, so I won’t bore you by reiterating. How about instead, I write a handy list of stuff women might actually want? You know, in case Jeopardy wants a do-over.
Image Source: @DJRumspringa / Twitter via Mashable
It seems that, despite being a show for smart folks, dumb bitches just might be running things over at Jeopardy. To them I say:
I don’t like to hold grudges and I refuse to hate you, so I figured I’d give you some suggestions. In order for you to move from your 1950s fantasyland into 2014 reality, I’ve put together a more current list of stuff women might actually want. The videos are especially fun, so be sure to watch those too.
What Women Want v. 2014
- Equal Pay
- To walk down the street and not get sexually harassed in any way
- To not be called whores for wearing skimpy outfits
- To not be called whores for being as sexually adventurous as male counterparts
- To run more tech companies
- To direct more movies
- More roles for mature women in movies
- To not be threatened with nude photo leaks when giving a speech to the UN about feminism
- People to stop doing this:
- For the world to stop insisting that our only value lies in our physical appearance
- For the world to stop telling us we’re mindless fools when we outwardly take pride in our physical appearance
- For the world to stop assuming we’re doing all the chores at home simply because we’re female
- To be the only ones that get to decide what we can and cannot do with our own bodies
- To no longer be blamed for other people’s apparent inability to focus when we wear tight clothing
- To be seen as confident, not bitchy
- To be seen as smart, not snobby
- To be seen as a leader, not bossy
OK, I’ll stop there. It’s overwhelming, I know. Equality entails so much, but don’t worry. If you need more suggestions, feel free to contact me. I’m happy to help.